What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small software tags that are stored in the access equipment through the browser, retaining only preference-related information and as such do not include personal data.
What are Cookies for?
Cookies are used to help determine the usefulness, interest and number of uses of websites, allowing faster and more efficient browsing by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
What kind of cookies are there?
There are two groups of cookies that can be used
- Permanent cookies – these are cookies that are stored in the browser of the access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used every time you visit one of Altice Portugal’s websites again. They are generally used to direct browsing to the user’s interests, allowing a more personalized service to be provided.
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies which remain in the cookie file of the browser until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies is used to analyze web traffic patterns, allowing us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
- Strictly necessary cookies – These allow navigation on the website and use of the applications, as well as access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the required services cannot be provided.
- Analytical cookies – These are used anonymously to create and analyze statistics in order to improve the functioning of the website.
- Functionality cookies – These store your preferences regarding your use of the site, so that you don’t need to re-configure the site each time you visit.
- Advertising Cookies – Target advertising according to the interests of each user, in order to direct advertising campaigns according to the user’s tastes, and also limit the number of times you see the ad, helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising and the success of the website’s organization.
How can you manage cookies?
All browsers allow the user to accept, refuse or delete cookies, and also to inform the user when a cookie is received, namely by selecting the appropriate settings in the respective browser. You can configure cookies in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
It should be noted, however, that by disabling cookies you may prevent some web services from working properly, affecting website navigation in whole or in part.